Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE SIGNAL SINCE LEAVING VIRGIN!

Dimmy007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I do realise that Virgin mobile used the same O2 network and transmitter masts. However could someone please tell me why is it that when I was on Virgin my signal at home was 4 bars and clear. BUT since being forcibly tranferred to O2 at home I have only one or no bar signal strength!.Sometimes calls do not even get through to my mobile at home and during mid conversation I get cut off. It even says my phone is "not registered on the network" sometimes. It's not my phone at fault because when I'm in another location the signal is good! PLUS on Virgin customer service answered in a few minutes but on O2 it's impossible to get through to a human being! I checked the o2 network and it says faulty local mast but it says that for nearly every postcode! Virgin please come back!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145866 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Dimmy007 

I'd start by popping into your local O2 store for a new O2 sim card.

Take some photo ID with you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Dimmy007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi..but how can it be a faulty SIM card because when in in another location and not at home the signal is a constant 4 bars?..!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145866 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

@Dimmy007 

We know of others who have migrated from Virgin and still using the Belgium sim cards who had had similar issues which have been resolved with an O2 sim.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

Dimmy007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I see what you mean ..I'll request an O2 Sim  thanks!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 145866 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28021 Solutions

Good luck @Dimmy007 

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6