Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8 plus 4G issue

Lello
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me and my wife have just switched from Vodafone to o2, My wife's Samsung S8 plus mobile data doesn't work on 4G at all (can't get onto internet at all) the only way she can get
onto internet (when out and about and not on Wi-Fi) is by changing setting to 3G/2G auto connect in phone mobile network settings, (she also missed a few calls when setting was set to 4G/3G/2G auto connect)
She had no problem with Vodafone, so before I went to the local o2 shop I swapped her sim with mine (Samsung s10+) and both phones worked on 4G and we had no problems.
(I tried that first as didn't want o2 to say it was a phone problem) Today I went into o2 shop where they replaced her sim saying it must be a sim card issue, the issue was still the same,
we even swapped our sims in the shop to show assistant that it was not a phone issue, this was done after the new sim fitted and phone registered on network,
(he also rang o2 to try and get help from them but got cut off after waiting 15mins on his phone!!)
The assistant then suggested we leave the it for 24hrs and to go back tomorrow as the new sim may sort it self out after 24 hrs!!(I'm not holding out much hope for the tomorrow's visit
and another 1 hour in the store)
We both have pay monthly contracts, and APN is set to O2 Pay Monthly (mobile.o2.co.uk)
Is there a setting he is missing, some sort of config setting? and if so why does the phone work with my sim?
Look forward to any help and assistance,
FYI, phone as been turned off and on, on more than once (store assistant made sure of that, and the phone's software is up to date.
Thank you

Lello

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Lello 

4g needs to be enabled on the account.

It is a tick box that only customer services or a store can do for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Lello
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply, there were 2 assistants helping me today and neither seemed to be able to help, your solution sounds ok, but why when swapping sim card with my phone, both phones worked as they should? 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

I couldn't say @Lello as I can't access your account from here.

You could try resetting the network connections in case there is something amiss there but if not you are at the mercy of O2 to figure it out for you. Sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Lello
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The store tried all that today, looks like I will need to go in again tomorrow and see if they can try something else.

Thank you for trying .

Message 5 of 5