Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really unhappy with 4g coverage

Jess17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn’t realise when getting my new phone that the 4g coverage would be as bad as it is. I have 2-4 bars of signal but my 4g is slower than 3G. Nothing loads on time, it takes ages and it means that when I’m not home my phone is basically unusable for most of the time that I’m out. 

When googling it turns out this is a really common issue, and O2 is the slowest of all the networks. I feel like I’ve been mislead. How can I return my phone? I’m well within the 14 day period and can get a cheaper contract from three. Just feel really disappointed with O2. 

If I did switch, Can I get a PAC code to save from changing my number again?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

You will need to contact O2 on 202 in the first instance 

• Contact us and let us know that you’d like to return or exchange your device or accessory.
  • You can choose between two options to send your device to us. We can either send you a trackable label, which comes with a QR code so you won’t need to print it out yourself – this is the quicker option. Or, we can send a labelled jiffy bag for you to use.

• Pack up your device securely and make sure the label is clearly visible. Remember to return everything that came with your device, including its original packaging.

• Drop off the package at your local Post Office. Just show the QR code to have your tracked label printed for you. Or, if you’ve chosen to use one of our labelled jiffy bags, just drop off the parcel.

• Once we’ve received and checked the device, we’ll issue your refund or send your chosen replacement.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

If you are within 14 days you can leave, and yes you can get a PAC

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

Jess17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This doesn’t tell me how to cancel my contract within the 14 day cooling off period?

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123082 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Jess17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There’s still no option to cancel? How do I do this?

Message 5 of 8

Enlli
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

You will need to contact O2 on 202 in the first instance 

• Contact us and let us know that you’d like to return or exchange your device or accessory.
  • You can choose between two options to send your device to us. We can either send you a trackable label, which comes with a QR code so you won’t need to print it out yourself – this is the quicker option. Or, we can send a labelled jiffy bag for you to use.

• Pack up your device securely and make sure the label is clearly visible. Remember to return everything that came with your device, including its original packaging.

• Drop off the package at your local Post Office. Just show the QR code to have your tracked label printed for you. Or, if you’ve chosen to use one of our labelled jiffy bags, just drop off the parcel.

• Once we’ve received and checked the device, we’ll issue your refund or send your chosen replacement.

Message 6 of 8

Jess17
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I’ll give them a call on my lunch break. 

if I call today, can I wait to return the phone on Saturday? That’s when my new one is arriving 

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123082 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Jess17 

You can return anytime WITHIN the 14 day cooling off period.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8