cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in USA and can’t get to be able to phone or text anyone even though my contract gives me full u

Geordiegeoff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the USA now and cannot get my O2 phone to send texts and calls even though my contract allows full access to my calls, text and data in USA.. Any one to help me?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Geordiegeoff See this: USA - Roaming with O2 - O2 Community

If you and the people you're trying to reach have WhatsApp you can use WiFi to contact them with no charge.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@Geordiegeoff See this: USA - Roaming with O2 - O2 Community

If you and the people you're trying to reach have WhatsApp you can use WiFi to contact them with no charge.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6784 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1519 Solutions

Not going to work unless to have VoLTE (4G Calling enabled.

Data is limited to 0.5mbps so not much use 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

DougA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

UPDATE : Apologies I've changed how I searched on the community pages and yes I can see the speed data cap for the USA is a waste of space. Furious now that we've stuck with O2 while being in EU was great last week this is looking a mess for the USA.

Is all data slow on O2 in the USA? I'm due to travel in a few weeks and have the VOLT package and I can't see anything about speed being slow, sorry to be an idiot but can you point me to where I can see this?

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123368 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

O2 wont tell you how slow it is but we have regulars who have travelled to the USA and one of our members lives in the States.

These are the latest guides from O2

USA - Roaming with O2 

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Some posts about roaming in the US.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Travel-USA-Roaming-speeds/m-p/1555568#M... 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Volt/Travelling-in-USA/m-p/1581672#M546 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144994 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@DougA 

O2 state it in their T&C's 

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2travel-paymonthly-terms-and-conditions

There’s no fixed data allowance with O2 Travel, so to manage traffic (including audio and video streaming) we limit the service to 500kbps.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Bambino
  • 23207 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@DougA If you're going to definitely need data and you will be in the US for any length of time you'll need to get a Pay & Go sim from AT&T or T-Mobile. As mentioned above, for calls and texts use WhatsApp over WiFi to anyone else who also has the app.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 7