cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data reception is poor - what can 02 do about this?

DjuroR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Folks - I have recently signed up to a new sim-only 02 deal (as part of a new Virgin Media deal) and I've been using 4G data on my mobile since then. Disappointingly my mobile drops data constantly - I know it's 02 as when I switch back to my sim on a competitor's network it never drops. For reference I live and work in a major UK city so it's not like I am in a mobile wilderness.

Can I either get a refund or have my contract cancelled as it's not worth the money I am paying?

Thanks in advance, 

Dj

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36016 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Only if you are within 14 days of signing the contract, @DjuroR 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

These may help you if you wish to troubleshoot a bit Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

You may also be able to enable WiFi calling on your phone for when at home. If you need more help, lots of it available here on the Forum. Good luck!

Message 2 of 8

DjuroR
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn - appreciate the help. Have spoken to 02 and they're sending me a new sim so I hope that helps....

Message 3 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@DjuroR 

It's fair to say that the O2 data network is poor in a number of large UK cities. London has improved recently, but there are other cities in which O2 is oversubscribed. 

Are you prepared to divulge which city you are referring to please ?  

Message 4 of 8

DjuroR
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sure @Oxonian - I'm in London... 

Message 5 of 8

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@DjuroR 

Did the new SIM arrive and, if so, did it help ? 

Of course, London is a very big city and in some parts, O2 have an excellent signal ; in other parts, they are dire. I take it that you are aware of :- 

O2 | Service Status

https://status.o2.co.uk/

Message 6 of 8

DjuroR
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Oxonian - thank you for the link and I have used it a couple of times already with both the old and new sim. The new sim is working well so far and I'm using it for data all the time even when I'm at home - drop outs are better than they were.

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@DjuroR 

I'm pleased to note that things have improved for you and the the SIM swap was effective. 👍

Message 8 of 8