Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting a person atO2

TrevorBulmer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Moved over from virgin media. Set up password on 02 but when I put it onto my phone it isn't recognised. Cant access my main email on my phone When I try customer service numbers get no answers it just hangs up. Cannot log in to the app as it doesn't recognise my credentials (email and password). How on earth can you speak to anyone?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@TrevorBulmer 
Message O2 on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (now X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

TrevorBulmer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Bambino. Not on any of these social media sites.

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23205 Posts
  • 1029 Topics
  • 3690 Solutions

@TrevorBulmer You'll have to persevere with trying customer service. Call on 202 from your mobile or 0344 809 0202,  or 0800 032 1402
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

TrevorBulmer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino. Thanks for your help. Got through to virgin media. First to mobile who were unable to help and put me through to broadband after a half hour wait. they couldn't help and put me through to a technical subscription service who couldn't help either but wanted to sign me up to their subscription service lol. The guy sais they were not part of Virgin Media but would put me back to them. By then I'd had enough so declined that.

I can get my emails on the pc via myvirginmedia and changed my password earlier today. My username is my old blueyonder email address and I assume (though assuming can make an ass of you and me) is also the password for accessing my email on my mobile phone.

Trying to access myvirginmedis on the mobile, however, the system claimed my email address is not valid and puts a cross against it stating 'please enter a valid email address'.

Baffled as to how myvirginmedia doesnt recognise one of their valid email addresses. Have over 100 businesses with my email address registered and with two and three factor authentification on the increase I need to be able to access my emails from my phone. Not sure what to do next but have had enough for today. Have had to write this again as I tried to reply without signing in and it wiped off my first effort.

Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@TrevorBulmer 

I am completely confused as to what you are trying to do. Your subject-line and first post were all about contacting O2 ; but you are now talking about contacting Virgin Media.

Can you please clarify exactly who you want to contact ?   

Message 6 of 11

TrevorBulmer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian. When I got an aurtomated response on O2 customer services it asked whether it was an O2 or Virgin Media contract, so as I was recently moved over to the new combined entity I assumed VM was the correct response.

I now understand that the issue is that my blueyonder email address is not recognised as valid on the myvirginmedia website or even on the Virgin Media app. Was working fine on the phone until today but now my address is not recognised and I cannot see my emails on my phone. Think I will just have to start using gmail but it will involve a lot of bother notifying all my contacts.

Message 7 of 11

TrevorBulmer
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Oxonian and Bambino. I have submitted the following response to the O2 complaints service at complaintreviewservice@o2.com. It seems odd that you seemingly cannot raise an issue with them by email but you have to make a complaint.

Subject : My email is not recognised as valid when using myvirginmedia or myvirginmedia app on my phone

Dear Sir or Madam

My main email is’tb002e9496**Personal info**’

I was recently moved over from Virgin media to the new O2 budged entity.

My email was working fine on my phone until today when I was required to sign in and the system did not recognise my credentials.

I changed my myvirginmedia password and registered with O2 earlier today

Whilst I am able to access myvirginmedia online on my PC with my main email address, when I put it into the myvirginmedia website on my phone or their app it is not recognised as a valid address. Therefore, I cannot get my emails on my phone.

I rang customer services today and spent 42 minutes being passed around to virgin mobile, virgin broadband and some tech support subscription service all to no avail. This is not a tech support issue with me, rather a failure of your systems. In the circumstances it is disappointing that none of the staff I spoke to accepted responsibility or made any effort to resolve the situation. They just wanted to pass the issue to someone else.

Could you please ensure that your systems can recognise my valid email address.

I assume that the password for myvirginmedia will also be the password for my main email address above but would be pleased if you could confirm that.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Trevor Bulmer

Message 8 of 11

JackMillerEdi
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Sorry to reply to your comment but I can't seem to write anything anywhere else so I am just wanting this to be here in the hopes that I get an email repeating what I have said here so that the criminals at O2 cannot lie.

I am trying to get rid of my O2 including the debt that I do not owe them. I cancelled my Virgin contract on the 5th of August. The next day I receive an email from O2 saying my order is on its way. I never made any order but since then I have had emails and letters threatening me with court action if I do not pay the £6 plus the £12 late penalty.

I am not with O2. Please, O2, if you are reading this then please please just take me off your systems and remove that debt. I have tried to figure this out but your phonelines are not simply useless but have given me false information.

Please give me written confirmation by email that you will remove me from your systems remove the charge that I never agreed to. I am tired. Please. To threaten court proceedings against somebody for not paying for a service that they have never signed up for and have never used is despicable. Take me off your systems, remove the false charge, and LEAVE ME ALONE!

Message 9 of 11

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12139 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

This is not o2 customer services @JackMillerEdi - this is a community of o2 customers.

You might have an o2 sim via Virgin Media, and it is them that need to pass you to the correct team so that you can cancel.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 11