cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When 48 hours means nothing at all and free never happens. Samsung earbuds pro 2

noobie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I bought my Samsung Galaxy S23, it came with the free Samsung earbuds pro 2 offer but the code was never sent and the code was due on the 19th of May. When nothing had arrived by the 27th, I contacted by phoning o2 customer services who apologised and said I would get the code within 5 days.

As expected, nothing happened. I again phoned o2 by phone on the 4th june and again they apologised and said I would recieve a code within 48 hours, sure enough nothing again, has arrived.

I spoke to another customers serviceson the 6th who again said, yes I qualified and apologies and things are now in place for me to recieve a code within 48 hours. Needless to say, still nothing. I had also on Friday, tried to ring my local store only to have over 4 hours, 11 calls going unanswered.

When I signed my contract, the promotion was part of the deal. Would I be in a position to now cancel my contract through the supplier being unable to complete fully, thier part of the contract?

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Message 21 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

It's highly doubtful that you would be able to cancel because of this error. I will tag an advisor who will on tomorrow morning to see if they can help. They will message you through this site.

@O2Sarah- Can you please assist @noobie?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 24

noobie
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Bambino

Message 3 of 24

noobie
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 4 of 24

noobie
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Out of the blue, I recieved a code today and the buds have now been ordered. Thanks Bambino for your input 👍

Message 5 of 24

Theo80
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the same position. Twice I've been lied to.

Is there anybody competent who can actually sort this out? If it wasn't for my own chasing up, I don't think O2 would bother honouring the offer. There are people saying they received their codes and they got their phones after me. How does that work? 

Message 6 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12075 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

I'll mention @O2Ryan who is on duty this morning @Theo80 

Can you see if you can help please Ryan?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 24

O2Ryan
  • 146 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag, ill send a private message over now.

signature
Message 8 of 24

Strac4501
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Could you help me too please? I have the same issue 

Message 9 of 24

jimbob2
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Ryan, I have a similar issue. I upgraded to a Samsung A54 at the end of April and that qualified for a pair of free Buds2 (ordinary, not the Pro). I duly received my confirmatory text from O2-UK with link and promo code on May 19th. The code was invalid. I have received a further three texts reminding me to claim my offer each with the same invalid code. So confirmation a) that I qualified for the offer and b) that I hadn't claimed yet. I have phoned Customer Service each time and got a different answer each time. 

1) Its a Samsung promo, not O2. Contact them. 2) We know there is a problem with some codes, working to rectify. 3) will send a new code in the next 48hrs. 4 days on nothing turned up. Local O2 shop agreed my code didn't work but couldn't (wouldn't) help. How do I get the Buds2 I am entitled to? Thanks

Message 10 of 24