Did you mean: 

Upgrade through Mobile Phones Direct

Pritch94
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I have signed into my O2 account this morning and I have the option to upgrade my phone on their website using O2 Refresh. 

I have found a good deal on Mobile Phones Direct that remains with O2 and I was wondering if I bought it from there, whether it would be possible to upgrade on that wesbite and still have the cost covered by O2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 4

GVJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi!

I'm left abit confused, I have the same question.

I called O2 Earlier today and they said it would depend on Mobile Phones Direct Terms and Conditions. I read that if transferring to a higher costing tariff then you are able to call o2 and merge the accounts. Suspending your previous account and start your new contract.

If the T&C's outline that you have to pay the remaining i believe its your monthly cost - VAT x remaining months.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Customers who took out a contract via CPW are allowed to upgrade early and have their existing contract paid off only when taking out a new Refresh contract.

Buying from elsewhere would be totally different and the remainder of any existing contract would need to be paid before upgrading and, as you say, that would be remaining months multiplied by the tariff less the VAT.

Message 4 of 4