Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to retrieve an old o2 email account

JBJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I registered a second Facebook account years ago using an o2 email address as the only registered contact. I have never used this o2 email. I now appear to be locked out of my desktop version of Facebook and the only way they seem to offer to unlock is by sending a verification code to this o2 email that I have no idea how to access. My o2 account is registered under my everyday email account. All very frustrating - if anyone has any ideas on how I can fix this I'd be very thankful! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@JBJ 

O2 email closed down years ago.

You'll need to contact facebook to change your verification method.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@JBJ 

O2 email closed down years ago.

You'll need to contact facebook to change your verification method.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

JBJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That seems very much easier said than done! Any advice on the best way to actually contact them?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@JBJ 

Not something I use much myself, but some help from FB here https://www.facebook.com/help/283100488694834/?helpref=hc_fnav

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4