Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tarrif

More_Phoney_TS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

One week into my data being refreshed I got a text saying I'd used all 10gig of my allowance. I tried contacting customer service to ask about this as it was very unlikely this was correct. Since the start of my contract I've been averaging 5gig a month (I'm a year into my contract) this call turned into two which lead nowhere. As I have three other contracts with O2 the only choice I had left was to tether the device to another number. This worked untill I was informed on that number that there was no data left. 

I don't game. I don't stream. I use my data primarily to browse and send the occasional WhatsApp. Today I had to call customer services again because I could not understand why two default notices had been sent out in the post when my account was in credit and has been for the past three billing cycles. Both letters for the same number but with different references and other differences which indicate that it wasn't just a reprint of the same document. No explanation could be given. When tried to log in to myo2 with the agent on the phone to my surprise myo2 was now showing that the plan for the second device actually had 6 of its 10 gig left and the original device had 9 of its 10 gig left.

When I expressed my confusion/frustration at this information the agent offered nothing in the way of explanation. When I went on to say that because of the miss information I had changed my tariff only the night before online to the next price band and clearly did not need to. Still nothing from the agent. When I said I wanted to cancel the band upgrade because it wasn't even going to be applied for another two days, she put the phone down. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10275 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3021 Solutions

@More_Phoney_TS 

Sounds like your phone is doing something in background to use all the data, has the phone done an OS update at all? are some apps set to use mobile data??  Is there a data limit of the phone set as some will warn you when you get to say 2Gb? 

Check background data, and the settings on the phone to see if any apps are using stupid amounts of data.

o2 dont just tell you your data has gone for the sake of it, something has triggered the data sessions. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144956 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@More_Phoney_TS 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3