Did you mean: 

Tarrif

Xided
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

0E0D9F63-F7F8-4FBA-9B45-1A05CA391F8C.jpeg

I just started a tariff on o2 and i wanted to know if each month it will instantly take the money from the card or if i have to top up £10 first? I dont want it to take money every month because i dont have spare most of the time

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144454 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Xided 

It's taken automatically from your debit card. 

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144454 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Xided 

It's taken automatically from your debit card. 

Pay As You Go: Introducing "Rolling Plans" 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36022 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

If you won't always have £10 available for your Rolling Plan, @Xided, you will fall back to standard call and SMS rates until your card has enough credit to permit a top-up - comparison of Rolling Plan vs Big Bundles (the 2 types of PAYG service offered by O2 currently) below.

Differences: The data on a rolling plan remains constant whereas the extra data on bundles is a three month promotion. The difference between the two is the rolling plans can only be credited with a debit card, where O2 debit the card automatically to renew your tariff. Don’t confuse rolling plans with bundles as they are quite separate.

Rolling Plan: Your Rolling Plan tariff value is the minimum monthly credit balance or top up required to activate and renew bundle. Rolling Plan will continue to automatically renew on your renewal date if you have sufficient credit. If your Rolling Plan does not renew, standard charges apply. You can switch Rolling Plan once a month to take effect from your Rolling Plan renewal date. UK calls/texts to standard UK landlines and mobiles and when roaming in our Europe Zone. Special and out of tariff numbers chargeable. Unused credit not refundable.

Big Bundles

Top up the right amount for your chosen bundle each month and we'll exchange your credit for your minutes, texts and data allowance.

There's no contract with Big Bundles, they last for a month and renew automatically on the same day each month, but only if you've got enough credit to cover the payment. If you don't, you'll be charged at our standard rates, until all your credit's gone.

You'll get your bundle allowance back when you top up enough credit again.

Charges outside your allowance

Big Bundles
Top Up 4444Free
Tariffs and Bolt Ons 2202Free
UK landlines (01, 02 or 03)55p/min
O2 mobiles55p/min
Other UK network mobiles55p/min
Text message30p per message
Picture message55p per message
Data£3/MB up to max £2/day
Voicemail 90135p per call
O2 Customer Service (4445)Free from O2 mobile
O2 Customer Service (0344 809 0222)As UK landline
International calls and texts from UKSee o2.co.uk/international
Using your phone when abroadSee o2.co.uk/abroad
Premium rate numbersSee o2.co.uk/premium
05, 08 and 07 service numbers including calls and texts to Jersey, Guernsey and Isle of Man mobilesSee o2.co.uk/servicenumbers
O2 Directories 118402£1.50/min
Video calls50p/min
Free callsSee o2.co.uk/free
Access charge for service numbersSee o2.co.uk/servicenumbers

Message 3 of 5

Xided
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I cancel it then because i dont want it to take money because it will steal my rent money i used the same card that has my rent cash in it

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144454 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Xided 

You'll need to switch to a big bundle which will only take money when you top up.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/big-bundles

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5