Did you mean: 

Switching from PAYG to Monthly

Rob85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm a long time PAYG user and yesterday I moved onto a Pay Monthly contract, but I have a couple of issues I hope someone here can help me with?

Firstly, my My O2 account has changed username from my gmail account to an @o2.co.uk address. When I log in it asks me to change my username to my email address, but when I try to change it to my gmail (my only email), it says that this email address is already in use so can't be used.

I assumed that my My O2 would be transferred from PAYG to Pay Monthly, but it seems that maybe I have a new separate account? I've tried logging in with my old login details, but I get an error saying it can't be accessed because I'm a new customer and I might need to wait 48 hours! It will be 48 hours since I started the contract tomorrow so maybe something will change then?

Secondly, I had around £35 of credit and 30gb of data remaining on my PAYG when I started the contract, and as I kept my number this is now inaccessible. Will this be transferred to my contract somehow or is it lost forever? I stupidly forgot to ask about this in-store when I got the contract!

Thanks

Rob

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36214 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Hi @Rob85 - you will need to call O2 to get the MyO2 second account sorted, details here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support (call around 8am UK time).

This guide talks about switching between Contract and PAYG, Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone and has links that may help.

And PAYG balance can be moved to another PAYG account, but I think it may not move to a Contract account - ask O2 when you call them in the morning. The data balance will not move though, your new Contract will have all the data and boosts you are entitled to, as agreed when you signed it.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36214 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Hi @Rob85 - you will need to call O2 to get the MyO2 second account sorted, details here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support (call around 8am UK time).

This guide talks about switching between Contract and PAYG, Guide: Upgrading Your O2 Phone and has links that may help.

And PAYG balance can be moved to another PAYG account, but I think it may not move to a Contract account - ask O2 when you call them in the morning. The data balance will not move though, your new Contract will have all the data and boosts you are entitled to, as agreed when you signed it.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
The PAYG credit will be transferred automatically and will appear as usable credit towards your first bill
Message 3 of 4

Rob85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie that is good to know relieved

@pgn Thanks, those links will come in handy and I'll be calling them tomorrow (if they're open for the bank holiday!).

It's a bit of a shame that I'll lose the data, but my contract plan has plenty so it's not a big deal really; my main concern was losing the credit I had so it's great to get some positive news about that.

Thanks again guys thumbsup

Message 4 of 4