Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspect text

rocco1504
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I've just received a text from O2 saying "welcome home, you're back on O2" obviously presuming that I've been away on holiday, which I haven't.
I'm just a bit worried that perhaps someone could be using my account or whatever as I recently had a hacking problem with my details on my computer and they managed to get some of my passwords, which I have now changed but I can't remember if I changed my O2 details.
Has anyone else had anything like this or is it just an O2 hiccup.
Thanks for looking
Paul
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@rocco1504  Does the text ask you to click on any links? If you're concerned about it, call customer service on 202 from your mobile, and as an extra precaution, change your O2 password.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Sarah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 74 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 8 Solutions
Hi

You can reset your password on the My o2 app and then see if there’s any unusual activity on your account. As you can access bills online. If you’re worried it’s worth calling customer services, we cannot see any of your account details on here.

Good luck
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@rocco1504  Does the text ask you to click on any links? If you're concerned about it, call customer service on 202 from your mobile, and as an extra precaution, change your O2 password.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

rocco1504
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
There are links, but they look like O2 ones, it's just I was a bit worried that O2 think I've been away and is someone pretending to be me and using my details in some way.
Many thanks for the replies.
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@rocco1504 If you're concerned, change your password. It's the best way to protect yourself. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5