cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam / fraud text message linked to premium rate charges on 88222 and - Tap2Bill

Rob24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just noticed that my O2 bill re number [REMOVED] is showing three charges linked to - Tap2Bill - txt number 88222. 

These charges are wrong - I haven't subscribed to any service or product offering. Following guidance on the O2 web site I have sent a STOP text. I would like O2 to ban this company as it's clear from my research that its not just me being scammed / defrauded  but other O2 customers as well. 

Please advise what action you are taking and refund my account.

I will be reporting this fraud to Ofcom.

Robert Clarke

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

We are all customers here so can't answer your questions or access any accounts.

I can advise you to edit your post to remove your phone number as this is an open forum and you are leaving yourself open to another fraud.

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Report to Action Fraud

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting-fraud-and-cyber-crime

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

We are all customers here so can't answer your questions or access any accounts.

I can advise you to edit your post to remove your phone number as this is an open forum and you are leaving yourself open to another fraud.

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Report to Action Fraud

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting-fraud-and-cyber-crime

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Flagged OPs post 

Message 3 of 7

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve just be been charged an extra £39.05 on to my bill fuming 😡 

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

The advice given before still stands

You need to contact Tap2Bill. If you phone, call during working hours, or you can email customer.service@tap2bill.com. Give them the number that was charged and they should be able to tell you who was actually responsible.

When you know who was responsible, you need to contact them to insist on a FULL refund 

@Payforit_Sucksadvice here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Re-Tips-to-avoid-unexpected-charges-on-your-bill/m-p/13626... 

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@mmmmmmmmmmmmm You've posted in two very old threads. This one and Tap2bill - O2 Community

The PayForItSucks link no longer exists. See this link for advice: Phone-paid Services Consumer Group – Support and Consumer Advice (psconsumers.org.uk)

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions