Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement sim.

jonwackers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered replacement sim on sunday afternoon after losing phone early sunday morning.

Did all that was needed, two emails 10 minutes apart saying the sim was on its way via Royal Mail. Posted 10th July.

Now the 13th July, sim still not arrived. Ok, not great but lets check if there is a tracking number. There is but entering that tracking number on the Royalmail checker it says.

"Sorry - we don't recognise that number. Please check the information to make sure your tracking code is correct."

So now i am wondering whether it was even posted in the first place. Anyone else get the Royal Mail error and still got the sim delivered?

My phone does have an eSim option but even that requires having it posted as well.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonwackers
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually, i don't think it is on the way if i am reading the image correctly.

Surely it should have a green tick instead of the number 3 there?

fing-o2.jpg

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@jonwackers 

Not yet dispatched to you for some reason and they are usually sent first class.

Did you follow the correct procedure for reporting the loss?

Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonwackers
  • 10 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Already phoned and have another one on the way, will keep a closer eye on the 1-2-3-4 route this time around and see if we can get 4 green ticks before 3 days are up grin 

Message 4 of 4