Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Sim Mission

4656A
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to replace my sim but that seems to be more difficult than it should be.

Went to an o2 store and they said they can't replace it there because I'm an o2 360 customer. I still don't know why. It's both confusing and annoying.

Tried to make something happen on the My O2 app but the responses are unbearably slow. Tried twitter, it was quicker but they said they'd look into it and then haven't replied since.

I also don't need a phone blocked. Just need a good old fashioned, activate the replacement sim once I put it in the phone.

I don't know why it has to be more complicated than that. The slow responses online is one thing but not being able to deal with a replacement sim at an o2 store is just ridiculous.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@4656A 

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@MI5 And what were we told about stores and customers on 360? Oh yeah, 'we have systems in place'.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23220 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@4656A Here's an excerpt from the earlier post today (O2 System Updates – 360 - O2 Community) on this subject from @ColinO2:

• I can’t upgrade in a store as I’m now on a ‘new system’

We have taken a phased approach and we are working towards all our stores having the ability to handle new system queries. In the meantime, there are processes in place to support our customers so regardless of which store you visit, you’ll receive the support you need.

Same garbage from O2, different day.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 145065 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

@MI5 And what were we told about stores and customers on 360? Oh yeah, 'we have systems in place'.

Hence why I haven't commented on any of the bullhooks on that announcement.

I've been here long enough to smell it a mile off.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 7

4656A
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took two days but was able to get it done through twitter. Good thing was that it arrived the next day.

Message 7 of 7