Did you mean: 

Remove O2 Online Profile

TikTokOfOz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone

I'm not an O2 customer but I mistakenly created an O2 profile ("My O2") when I was trying to access a wi-fi hotspot yesterday on my Android phone. I now know I do not need an O2 profile and want to remove it.

I've just spent over an hour going round in circles with someone on the live chat and have been told that the only way to remove the profile is to call a premium rate number - which I refuse to do. Apparently, there are no email addresses to contact O2 - not even for complaints.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@TikTokOfOz 

This cant be done over the phone, as its a right to be forgotten request, 

Follow the information below and the email address is on the page, but bare in mind there are legal and regulatory rules that may mean that they can't remove all your details, they also will require to prove who you are, so you may need to send proof of ID. 

Requesting your personal data from O2 | Help & Support | O2

Also they do have I think 30 days from when you send in your ID

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

TikTokOfOz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can anyone help me please or point me in the right direction? I've now tried two phone numbers I was given and can't get through to O2 at all. I just want to delete my personal details from the O2 website.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@TikTokOfOz 

This cant be done over the phone, as its a right to be forgotten request, 

Follow the information below and the email address is on the page, but bare in mind there are legal and regulatory rules that may mean that they can't remove all your details, they also will require to prove who you are, so you may need to send proof of ID. 

Requesting your personal data from O2 | Help & Support | O2

Also they do have I think 30 days from when you send in your ID

Message 3 of 6

TikTokOfOz
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Thanks for this. So are you saying I'm potentially stuck with this O2 website account whether I like it or not?

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

Not necessarily @TikTokOfOz 

Best to email the Team responsible, but like every company they have to act within the law and a right to  be forgotten / erasure request doesn't remove this requirement (as per the ICO) so any information that is legally required will be maintained.

Message 5 of 6

XkrX
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hardest thing to do is to get a live chat link so well done on that part😁 I’m also having the same problem it wont let you delete anything or add new numbers to it. Maybe you could just untick all the preferences to how they contact you so they don’t send you countless Emails and just keep it incase you need to use the WiFi hotspot again? 

Message 6 of 6