Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

senwar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - moved to O2 in January, but the service has been awful. I travel a lot and constantly lose signal, have failed calls and lose data. Also, for the last 6 weeks there have been signal problems in my area (this is known). I phoned a few weeks back and was advised to reset settings etc, no joy. Was contacted a few days later and advised I'd be called back by the weekend (didn't happen). Following 4 dropped calls in space of 10 mins yesterday, I phoned O2 again - ironically the call dropped/failed while I was on it!

All that has been said is they will compensate once the fault has been resolved. However, I am paying for a service that doesn't deliver. I have an EE work sim in my phone too and constantly have to switch lines.

Is it possible to cancel due to a lack of service? There is no ETA on the area fault (and the fact its been like this for 6 weeks tells me all I need to know). I would say 80% of the time I get 3g only (Iphone 14 pro)

Any advice?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@senwar If it's a known fault that O2 are aware of and have indicated that they're working on it, you would not be able to cancel without paying termination charges. If they are saying you will be compensated for the down time, that's probably the best you can hope for. You will most likely have to chase them up for that.

If that's not acceptable, then see this: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@senwar If it's a known fault that O2 are aware of and have indicated that they're working on it, you would not be able to cancel without paying termination charges. If they are saying you will be compensated for the down time, that's probably the best you can hope for. You will most likely have to chase them up for that.

If that's not acceptable, then see this: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

senwar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure they're working on it but they say they are so scuppered. Thanks a lot

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36061 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1602 Solutions

Tagging your answer onto a 3-month old thread is not going to get you much traction, @N13 - unless you were just letting off steam 😉

Forum advice before switching is to get a PAYG SIM from another network, it is usually free, and try it for a month, then repeat - until you find the one that best meets your needs. Coverage maps, regardless of which mobile provider you use, are notoriously misleading.

Meantime: Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? and Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it - good luck!

Message 4 of 4