Did you mean: 

Phoning 202

Loulou89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’ve been trying to speak to someone today on 202, but every time I ring I always get cut off after they say to wait up to 30 minutes.

I’ve been receiving some texts over the last few days saying I requested a one time code, which I didn’t. 
I also have received another text today saying I could have Disney + for 3 months on them, just need to click redeem. These messages aren’t from a suspicious number, but I’m just wondering how someone is requesting a code in my account when I’m the only account holder to access it. 

Can anyone help? I’ve also tried speaking to someone on the chat and still no luck. 

Louise
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Scammers are trying to get into your account to take it over in order to order expensive phones. To do that they need to reset your password the codes sent will give them the ability to do just that.

Don't respond and certainly don't give the codes to anyone

Here is some info

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Loulou89 

The disneyplus one is genuine, as it is done through the Priority App, as I got that one today, and ran it through a sandbox.

The others are scammers trying to get into your account.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3