cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone returned 4 weeks ago within cancellation period and still waiting for contract to Be cancelled

GrannySmith58
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

At the end of May we ordered a new phone contract for my husband who was moving to O2 from EE.  I have been an O2 customer for 20 years with no issues.  It took over 2 hours to place the hour, another hour talking to IT department as issues confirming and submitting order online.  Ended up having to re-order which took another hour.  I paid for next day deliver, but took over a week to arrive with no notification from O2 or delivery company.  We had problems setting up phone so went to local shop and spent another hour trying to sort, told needed sim swap.  My husband was getting frustrated at all this delay as he had transferred his number but unable to use it.  We decided to return phone as within cancellation period and cancel contract.  After numerous more calls got confirmation that handset had been received back and all would be cancelled, this was mid June.  I am still waiting for husband’s original number to be transferred to new pay as you go contract despite constant calls. I speak to lovely people who say they will do whatever is necessary but nothing is happening.  I get calls to say it’s been escalated but still not resolved.  Meanwhile we can’t use old number, it has caused serious issues with banking verifications as don’t receive texts as unable to make important payments.  I can’t tell you how much time has been spent trying to get this resolved, often ending in me breaking down in tears on phone with sheer frustration.  We just don’t know how to get this resolved, get the new contract cancelled correctly and old number transferred. The O2 processes are appalling, you are letting down both your staff and you customers

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12078 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Sounds like a right pain.

Let's see if the community advisors can get this sorted for you @GrannySmith58 

Can you get in touch to see if you can fix this please @O2Sarah- ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks again for the tag @gmarkj 

@GrannySmith58 I will send you a private message so I can see what we can do to get this moving.

Message 3 of 4

Stoorie19
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue. I took out, and then cancelled a data only plan within the 14 day cooling off period, and despite assurances from two shops, and two different customer service operators that the contract will be cancelled, over one month later the contract is still showing as being live. I have been with O2 since 2009 and now want to give notice my phone contract due to this poor service.

Message 4 of 4