Did you mean: 

Phone doesn't work when I'm in France

Annomus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello 02,

I have been reporting this a few times. Every time I arrive to France, I get ZERO phone service - I been to other EU countries and it works perfectly fine. However, in France I can't even text.

I've had a few of your agents contacting me and calling me previously. All of them say that the issue has been resolved. 'The bug has been fixed' then how come, last week I was in France and I got ZERO phone service again?

I am starting to get annoyed with this, PLEASE fix this!

I am going to France again this summer and I cannot have this issue when i'm visiting.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

This is a Customer to Customer Community  There are no O2 staff here to read your comments.

We can only suggest keeping at O2.

Maybe best taking another phone when you next visit. Some of the other networks do EU roaming

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35960 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Is your phone a recent model? Can you select between 4G and 5G and 3G and see if that helps?

As per the very last section of the guide shared above, can you manually find any network, even a Forbidden one, and try that?

Is this just in a specific region in France? Is there a local mast issue near where you are staying (O2 would not know about that)?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Annomus 

We've had reports that OrangeF may be restricting roaming access so I suggest you manually select a different network if OrangeF is auto selected.

I use Sfr whilst in France.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4