cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online help/chat now only available via the My O2 App - why?

TheFellaLondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been trying to get detailed help regarding my O2 bills - both airtime and device plan, and discuss ways of reducing my monthly costs. The information on the website is not clear, to me at least, and so I have tried to find the online chat facility. I gather this is now only available through the app on my phone - why is this? Some of the questions I want to ask might be quite long, and I find texting far slower than typing on a keyboard. It seems O2 is making it increasingly hard to discuss anything with a real person - you can't phone and get through to anyone anymore, and now the chat facility has been made more complicated. Whilst all the while my bills keep getting higher. Time to move provider I think?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

more numbers

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am. 

You can also reach O2 via social media:

Use the links below

Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@TheFellaLondon Your best option to discuss your bill issues rather than trying to use Chat would be to speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

TheFellaLondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your responses - very helpful. Have managed to get through to someone to discuss my bill. Finally!

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions