Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 SCAM

CHRIS710
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI all. When O2 contacted to extend my Sim contract the agent told me it would be £16 a month not £15.98 plus Vat and therefore O2 billing me over £18 a month for a deal I can get for £6 on Smarty and no other charges. Do O2 know customers are being lied to and what are my right with regards to cancelling. I am aware I can take O2 to court and wonder if any one is involved in a class action of which I can add my name to bring this company to account for their actions.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Sounds like a business contract that you have be sold from the likes of Aerial Direct.

Your fault for agreeing to their rubbish deals I'm afraid.

You won't be able to take anyone to court as you will have agreed to the T&C's and there's no cancellation period for business contracts either.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10773 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@CHRIS710 

May as well keep up to date here 

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

Be careful,  double check who you deal with.

Lots of carrots 🥕 being waved about these days. 

Stay alert best wishes 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144490 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

I don't think so, not this time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4