Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 is broken!

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

My O2 is just broken and doesn’t work since the new billing platform was forced on O2 by Virgin media. Information is missing. It only shows the device bills and no airtime and if one tries one of the links to billing history, upgrades etc up pops the oops page. Before the changes I used the app all of the time. Now I can’t use it at all and is about as much good as an ashtray on a motorbike. Access via screen page produces the same result.  In addition I now have 11 O2 DD’s on my bank account. According to CS there are now 2 payments every month per device. One a/time and the other device. What a ridiculous waste of time. If it’s not broken why fix it. This is change for change sake. O2 needs to sort this debacle out. Rant over 🤣🤣

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144487 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@jezza1234 

O2 have messed up a system update which is effecting thousands of customers.
This is a customer to customer community, not O2, so we cannot access your account, sorry.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (X) (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Thanks for the reply. Been a member of the community for a good few years so I know it’s only a customer forum. Just wanted to have a rant and see if anyone else has managed to solve it. As out in post cs couldn’t help. 🙄🙄

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144487 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Fair enough mate slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36030 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

My O2 is just broken

According to CS there are now 2 payments every month per device. One a/time and the other device. 🤣🤣

Yep, MyO2 is broken, definitely.

And although I have not had a Refresh (direct from O2) tariff for a few years, as I recall the Device Plan was a credit agreement that had its own payment (whether by DD or card payment), and Airtime, ie what you used monthly, was a separate DD amount - always 2 payments a month. 

On plus side, yearly RPI increase only applied to Airtime component, and not to Device Plan

Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Alas, those with "bundled airtime and device" cost, where handset and tariff was purchased from any reseller, the annual RPI increase applied to the entire monthly payment. Swings and roundabouts, @jezza1234.

Can't beat a good rant though, most cathartic! 👍🏼

Message 5 of 5