Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

Cactus1549
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I reported my phone lost today to 02 and they have barred it.

But is it possible to order a new sim card with that phone number on it as need to retrieve vital WhatsApp messages and photos?

It is just that EE apparently say you can order a replacement sim card with the same number and thought I would ask.

Sorry to be a burden,

Ben 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Cactus1549 If you've reported the loss to O2 you should automatically be sent a new sim with your number:

Lost or Stolen O2 Device

If whoever you spoke to at O2 didn't tell you that when you reported the loss you should follow up with another call to O2 to ensure that they are sending you the new sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23106 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Cactus1549 If you've reported the loss to O2 you should automatically be sent a new sim with your number:

Lost or Stolen O2 Device

If whoever you spoke to at O2 didn't tell you that when you reported the loss you should follow up with another call to O2 to ensure that they are sending you the new sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Cactus1549
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino,

Many thanks for your reply and they just sent me a confirmation e-mail to say it is being barred.

I will ring up and ask for another sim as you say but thanks for your clear advice as I am not well and worry a lot.  It just read as  -  We're just letting you know we've added the following bar(s): Lost/Stolen Bar .Thanks,
O2

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

This might be of interest @Cactus1549 :-

Guide: O2 BARs 

Message 4 of 4