Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect information provided at sale

Lola10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently purchased a new z flip5 and was advised I could claim a starter kit and a set of earbuds - this kind of sealed the purchase  I was given all the information verbally  and finally advised that the information for claiming was inside the bag … absolutely great or so I thought I purchased it on 16/09 however when I tried to claim it clearly stated you are required to have purchased the device between 29/09 - 31/10 - so it’s misinformation and now I’m left without the items I was told came free 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Lola10 

Does anything in Guide: Gift with Purchase  help you ?

If it doesn't, you could complain if it was an O2 member of staff who provided you with the incorrect information. But let us know if that guide helps you first. 

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Lola10 

The offer applicable to the date of your purchase would be for a free Chromebook.

Z Flip Chromebook offer
https://samsungoffers.claims/sam/perfectpartners/en-GB
Buy a qualifying Galaxy Z Flip5 from a participating retailer between 1st September 2023 - 28th September 2023 to be eligible for a Galaxy Chromebook Go.
Submit your claim for a free Galaxy Chromebook Go within 30 days of purchase.
We'll let you know within 5 working days whether your claim has been approved. You can check its progress anytime by using Track My Claim.
Once your claim has been approved, we'll send your Galaxy Chromebook Go to the address provided on your Claim Form within 45 days. We'll let you know once they've been sent.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Certainly would be my preference.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Lola10
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the information it is really useful but I purchased the phone due to pods being available as an offer

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Lola10 

Unfortunately pods weren't on offer at the time of your purchase.

You can only complain about being given incorrect info.

Use Resolver https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Lola10 

You could consider selling the Chromebook as new on Ebay and then buying the pods with the proceeds.   

Message 8 of 8