Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was sent a billing notification even though my contract should end

Jamespine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I called early July to let o2 know I wanted my contract terminating at the end of it (22 aug). This was all sorted and I received my PAC code, before the contract end date I ported my number to a different network successfully.

However, i've been sent a billing notification for 22 aug - 22 sep which would be the 25th month of my contract (it was only a 2 year (24 month) contract). I was going to contact o2 today but when I log into my o2 account there is no sign of me being a customer anymore. My question is, has my contract been cancelled completely with no further payments as it should and therefore i've been removed as a customer (as I was notified my sim would no longer work) or will the money still be taken out of my bank account on the billing date?

EDIT: Looks like the direct debit still exists and a payment is due on 06 Sep. I'll contact o2 before taking further action I suppose.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Jamespine 

Once your number ports the account is closed.

If your O2 sim was still active after the 22 Aug, you will be billed for the next month, but it will be adjusted to cover the time from 22 Aug to end date.

If you ported out and the O2 sim was dead before Aug 22 you need to contact O2 to find out why you were billed Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Don't cancel your DD yet, just in case, as it's easier to get refunded from O2 rather than try to fight a non payment and the adverse effects to your credit score.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Jamespine 

Once your number ports the account is closed.

If your O2 sim was still active after the 22 Aug, you will be billed for the next month, but it will be adjusted to cover the time from 22 Aug to end date.

If you ported out and the O2 sim was dead before Aug 22 you need to contact O2 to find out why you were billed Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Don't cancel your DD yet, just in case, as it's easier to get refunded from O2 rather than try to fight a non payment and the adverse effects to your credit score.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Jamespine
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Alright, I appreciate the response.

I'll wait to see what happens on the 6th and then contact o2.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4