Did you mean: 

Fraud - Upgraded contract

Saturic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I'd just like to check I'm following the correct process here.

I was scammed the other night by an o2 number claiming that someone had purchased a new phone on my account. I logged onto my account and saw there was an iPhone 14 pro max on my tracking order.

I panicked and gave the scammer my details over the phone, then I got multiple emails stating the contract has been accepted here's your legal documents to  and they need a code to change my delivery address which I immediately hung up and changing all my security details.

I contacted o2 on 202 and informed them (fraud was informed) they couldn't cancel the order. Said I would have to send the phone back to them once I receive it, which is annoying as I contacted them within an hour of the sale going through. Now I have to wait for fraud to contact me on what to do next.

I'm waiting for the phone to turn up which was due today, the scammers must have access to the tracking as they've changed the delivery date for DpD and I got a notification that my request for a change in delivery has been accepted.

So I'm currently trying to get through to DpD to make sure it's delivered so I can follow the next steps when the fraud team contact me so I can cancel this £77 a month contract and go back to my previous £20 a month contract.

Is there anything else I should be doing apart from waiting?

I was going to report the scammers number but it's the o2 344 809 0202 number that called me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Saturic Report the fraud to the police: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Contact your bank if you think you may have given out financial information. They can help protect your account and stop transactions.
Change your account and online account passwords.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You have probably given them enough information for them to take over your account and change address. I hate to say it but you may never see the phone.

If you do the other scam is for someone to call and say the phone has to be returned and they have come to collect it.

First make sure you change your password, memorable data etc on your account. Notify your Bank that you are a victim of fraud

Report to the Police via https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

Saturic
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone is due to be delivered to my address which can't be changed.

They didn't manage to get full access to my account just enough to make the initial order they couldn't change the delivery address as I didn't provide them with a code to change my details before I updated all my security.

I'll contact my bank thanks for your advice.

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Personally I would hang on to the phone until fraud contact you

This could be a lengthy process to get sorted

Message 5 of 5