Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges

David_S
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am totally unhappy about charges being added to my next bill.

19 July calls to 0845 - I had no knowledge of being charged for there's calls.

26 July charges when abroad

- I arrived in Newark USA on a delayed flight from Edinburgh and made several calls mainly to tell my contacts where I was and what was happening and subsequently what my revised route was to get to California. These were mainly WhatsApp calls. It appears that I was being charged data rates that I did not know about.

Can I get any compensation from O2 and how could I have avoided there's charges.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@David_S 

0845 calls can be avoided by using "saynoto0870" to find alternate free numbers.

SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers 

Allowances guide Guide: Your Allowances - what is and isn't included 

You would need O2 Travel or Travel Inclusive to avoid excessive roaming costs in USA.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

USA - Roaming with O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Spenny
Level 16: Talkative
  • 341 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi @David_S set your out of contract spend to £0 then you will not be able to call any numbers that would be an additional charge.

Also buy a travel bundle so that you do not get charged extra in the USA

The costs you have been charged for I suspect you will not be refunded for as you chose to make the call and it is part of the t&cs you will have signed up to.

For the US travel and I suspect you will not be refunded, you can contact O2 though and ask, as again O2 do publicise their travel costs and is again in the t&cs.  You can buy a travel bundle so that you can use your data and minutes in the US.  

This is the case for most if not all the mobile networks.

You can contact O2 customer services via the O2 app or on social media links as below

(https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) Facebook, (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) Twitter, (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) Instagram

Phone: Motorola G100, 128GB, Android 12, SIMO 20Gb
Broadband: Virgin 350Mb, Tp-Link Router - Deco S4
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We are a community of customers and cannot access your account.
To contact O2 click here for O2 Social Media Links
Message 3 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36015 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Where the WhatsApp calls over wifi? If not it would use data

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5