Did you mean: 

Change name of Contract

BethanDavies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I need to change the name of my contract. The contract was initially taken out under my mothers name when I was 17 (so under age to take a contract out). Since then any new contract has been both taken out and paid by me and so I would like the contract to be put into my name

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@BethanDavies 

You will need to take out a new contract in your name, passing the relevant credit etc checks. You will then need to migrate your number to the new account :-

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Please bear in mind that there might be charges involved in early termination of your existing contract. 👍

Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12074 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Do you mean @BethanDavies that you previously had a contract that was under your mothers name, but you now have one in your name and you would like the number moved from the old to the new?

If yes, then you need to call o2 customer services and you need to request the number move and your mother needs to approve it.
This will end the contract with that number - so if it is not out of the minimum term you will need to pay the remaining balance.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3