Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Diddly
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do i cancel my contract?

I have just ordered my new sim from a different company and i have used the PAC code with the new provider. is it up to them and o2 to cancel my contract or do i have to do something else?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145869 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28082 Solutions

@Diddly 

Once your number ports to the new network your O2 account is automatically cancelled and a final bill is generated.

Do not cancel your direct debit until it is paid which will be around 14 days after the bill.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

MI5
  • 145869 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28082 Solutions

@Diddly 

Once your number ports to the new network your O2 account is automatically cancelled and a final bill is generated.

Do not cancel your direct debit until it is paid which will be around 14 days after the bill.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 7

dh88uk
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

if i get my PAC code and give it to the new network, my contract with O2 is cancelled, but do i still need to pay the 30 days cancllation period?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 145869 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28082 Solutions
Not if you have reached your minimum term.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 7

dh88uk
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
so i just need to request my PAC on the first day after my contract ends and there is no need to pay for additional time over the end?
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 145869 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28082 Solutions

@dh88uk 

Your pac is valid for 30 days so you can get it anytime prior to your end date within 30 days.

Give it to your new network 2 days before the end date of your contract and it will port your number on your end date.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 7