cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have both the Travel Bolt-On and a Data Roaming bolt-on ?

Andrewf2468
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does anyone know whether this is an either-or thing or if you can have both the Travel Bolt-On and a Data Roaming bolt-on ?

If it is possible to have both, how does it work with consuming data ? e.g. does it come off the Data Roaming bolt-on first and then if that is exhausted, you trigger a day of the Travel Bolt-On ?

Andrew

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 123007 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Andrewf2468 
If you are concerned about O2 Travel being used first then remove it for this trip. You can always add it (free of charge) for other trips abroad you wish to make.

Turn Voicemail off (Dial 1760) and turn it back on when you are in UK. Use Wifi as much as you can and stay in touch with people by using Whatsapp or Messenger over Wifi.

Best of luck and enjoy your holiday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123007 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Andrewf2468 

I have the Travel Inclusive bolt on and the O2 Travel Bolt on.

The Travel Inclusive should cover the countries stated. Then If I travel to a country NOT covered by Travel Inclusive, the O2 Travel should kick in.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone 

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/using-your-phone-abroad 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Andrewf2468
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,

I don't have the Travel inclusive bolt-on so I was looking at the options for where that isn't able to be used. 

Which seem to be:

Travel Bolt-On - £6 per day - unlimited data etc

Data Roaming Bolt-on e.g. £26 for 1GB for Zone 1 countries (we are going to Canada)

If I'm only using data, the Data Roaming Bolt-on seems better value for the trip we are taking but I wondered if you have to disable/remove the Travel Bolt-On or you can leave both on and it's smart enough to use the Data Roaming bolt-on allowance first.

Andrew

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123007 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Andrewf2468 
If you are concerned about O2 Travel being used first then remove it for this trip. You can always add it (free of charge) for other trips abroad you wish to make.

Turn Voicemail off (Dial 1760) and turn it back on when you are in UK. Use Wifi as much as you can and stay in touch with people by using Whatsapp or Messenger over Wifi.

Best of luck and enjoy your holiday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Andrewf2468
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks,

Removing the Travel Bolt-On sounds the safest option. Good point about disabling voice-mail too.

Thanks

Andrew

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 123007 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

You're welcome @Andrewf2468 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6