cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have the same email address on multiple accounts?

bobnfred
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My 2 kids have PAYG phones for years that I manage through myO2 and my account/profile has my email address on it. I recently moved my own pay monthly contract from Vodafone to O2 via virgin media (it was a condition of getting a better broadband/TV deal) but I was forced to set up a new email address for this new account due to some form of 'issue' that meant they couldn't accept what they called my 'invalid' email address. I assumed once it was set up i could just change the email address on my new account to be my actual email (which of course is valid) - however I have so far failed!

Ideally what I would like is one account/profile for O2 with one logon and one email address where I could see and manage all my O2 products (2PAYG and 1 PM). This seems impossible for O2 with multiple call centre staff telling me various different things including 'You can't mix PAYG and PM', 'You can only have 2 numbers on one account', 'You can only have 1 number per account' and 'You can do it but the system isn't allowing me; let me transfer you.....' This isn't hard for other mobile companies but O2 are struggling with what sounds like basic account management - so if anyone knows what is actually possible and how to do it that would be great.

However for the moment I've assumed this is too hard for O2 to manage in 2024 so I've settled for at least having the same email address on each 'account' but this seems oddly impossible too! the PAYG team say they need to transfer me to PM and the PM team say they can't do it only the PAYG team can do it.... O2 seems to think they are somehow two totally separate businesses and that no customer could ever have both a PAYG and a PM phone with them!!

Any help greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144423 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@bobnfred 

You could previously and we hope it will be possible again in the future.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144423 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@bobnfred 

It's not possible to merge accounts currently whilst accounts are being moved to a new billing system.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10195 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@bobnfred 

At the moment you cant whilst o2 migrate all customers to one billing platform..  So at the moment it is a feature that has been removed.  

One Email address as well per account.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

bobnfred
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks MI5 - so it is possible to merge an account with 2 PAYG numbers and a PM account with 1 number together into a single account with a single email address?

That is of course exactly what I'd expect as it's super basic customer management but none of the people at O2 seem to know this.

Prior to them moving to a new system do you know if it's possible to have the same email address on two separate accounts? 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144423 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@bobnfred 

You could previously and we hope it will be possible again in the future.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5