Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from 0344 809 0202

Jannette
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just had a call from 0344 809 0202 saying it was O2 Fraud Department asking if I was Miss Jannette & Liverpool area and mentioned attempted fraud sounded like a hoax so put phone down & googled seems a lot of people have had a call like this saying it's a scam but the number is listed as O2 can advise? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Jannette 

It is a genuine O2 number.

There's likely notes on your account so call them back but I'd use a different number.

Try 202 from your phone or any of these here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Jannette
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just had a call from 0344 809 0202 saying it was O2 Fraud Department asking if I was Miss Jannette & Liverpool area and mentioned attempted fraud sounded like a hoax so put phone down & googled seems a lot of people have had a call like this saying it's a scam but the number is listed as O2 can advise?
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Jannette 

It is a genuine O2 number.

There's likely notes on your account so call them back but I'd use a different number.

Try 202 from your phone or any of these here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

Laura38
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is NOT a genuine o2 number, I've just had them try to scam and o2 have confirmed it was not them. It was INCREDIBLY convincing and when they said they were sending me a security text it actually came from o2 as they were trying to change my password.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Laura38 

It is a genuine O2 number but currently it is being spoofed by scammers.

So NEVER accept anything from a cold call regardless of number and always call back O2 yourself to check.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5