Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANT ACCESS MY O2 ACCOUNT (URGENT)

BColligan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm very annoyed so apologises if this is a bit ranty.

I bought my phone off of mobilephonesdirect.co.uk with a contract so they made a new My O2 account for the new contract but they didn't send me ANY type of password so I can access the My O2 account. I've been looking around everywhere and no one is helping. I just got an email saying I need to pay an extra £42 for some reason but I can't find out WHY. My phone minutes and data has been turned off temporarily so I can't do anything from my phone - I need help.

Has anyone used mobilephonesdirect.co.uk before, if so how do you gain access? 

😞

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BColligan 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BColligan 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

BColligan
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am currently talking to them on Twitter thank you, but at the moment it is even more of an issue because I am not even sure if this number I am using is connected to the  account or not. It should be I believe. As well as this I believe its just my account is buggy because I can access my O2 homepage via a bill email I got sent but once I try to click on another thing on that page it logs me out.

Just to clarify, I am receiving emails about my IPhone into my personal email - that means its connected to that email correct? If so I have no idea what is going on but I can't see it on my account when I log in.

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BColligan 

Yes, sounds like the mail is correct but you shouldn't post it on an open forum.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

BColligan
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Either My O2 or my account seems bugged.

Everytime I try to log in it says 'We cant seem to find this account. Pressing here should fix it.' and then after pressing 'here' I get into my account but no services or products are showing at all even though I know for a fact that my current phone is attached to this account - I get all my bills sent to my personal email (that is the same as this one) that is why I know they are connected.

I need to pay something off but cant because My O2 is not working - I am considering switching providers if I can't get this rectified ASAP.

I have tried different browsers, different devices, clear cache/cookies and NOTHING has fixed this - definitely appears to be a bugged account completely.

Message 5 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@BColligan 

This isnt customer services but a customer to customer forum

You cant pay any device plans off via the website, you need to call customer services on 0344 809 0202 or 0800 902 0217 to do so.. 

What happens when you go to myo2 on your phone via the web browser, and not via the App.

If it is a mis configured account, you will need to wait for o2's IT team to fix it and they can take up to a week to do so... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 11

BColligan
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am aware this isn't customer services but I've pestered every form of communication I can at this point and nothing is happening and thought I could avoid it being a really easy fix and me missing something on my end. Regarding the phone number I can't ring the number as they have disabled my package until the extra is paid. When I tried to use the live chat earlier it just said it wasn't available.

As well on the app vs. website, the same happens for both, on the website I got the aforementioned error whilst on the app it doesn't let me log in at all as it says 'Looks like you shouldn't be using My O2 yet.' - which I suppose this makes sense but shouldn't be an issue.

Turns out my phone is connected to some phantom O2 account I don't know about.

I sure hope it doesn't go to the IT team then because I need data and my phone is general from day-to-day.

Not to mention I have an IPad order being processed, being approved (I don't really know) and this issue is stopping me from seeing anything about it at all because I can't even see the 'My Orders' part of My O2 when I "log in".

Message 7 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@BColligan 

You need to use Skype or borrow a phone to call 0800 902 0217 

There is a guide here, but they will be closed now Guide: A Guide to Skype 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@BColligan 

You only need to post one thread. 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/My-O2/CANT-ACCESS-MY-O2-ACCOUNT-URGENT/td-p/1560193

Only O2 can fix this for you as you've already been advised of.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

BColligan
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Couldn't find a way to delete that one it seems. Either way there are many problems I am loosing track.

To give an update, I used a new install of Firefox to get onto the My O2 page where I COULD see my order for my IPad and everything else but I can only seem to access some tabs in the portal for my current device without being forcefully logged out and told to log back in again.

Message 10 of 11