Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bills

Shaikha
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello , my phone contract supposed to finish on October 19 so i have to pay only my internet, why i am still paying the device ?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

It will depend on where you got the contract from @Shaikha 

The device plan will end if you got the contract from o2 - they are the only ones that offer refresh. Are you sure that the device plan has finished? You can check this in your account - log into your My o2 and look for the device plan agreement. On my account, open the menu "bills and current charges" and look for "device plan" which tells you when it started and how long it is for.

If you took the contract through a 3rd party then there is no device plan - you have a single monthly payment that covers both the phone AND the tariff/air time. Once you reach the end of that deal you would need to either upgrade to a sim only (if you are happy with your phone) or look for a new deal either with o2 or someone else (but if it is someone else, make sure you close your account with a PAC or STAC).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Shaikha 

That only applies to a refresh contract.

If you have a standard contract, you continue to pay the same amount, but you can upgrade to a sim only tariff and keep your phone to reduce costs.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11959 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

It will depend on where you got the contract from @Shaikha 

The device plan will end if you got the contract from o2 - they are the only ones that offer refresh. Are you sure that the device plan has finished? You can check this in your account - log into your My o2 and look for the device plan agreement. On my account, open the menu "bills and current charges" and look for "device plan" which tells you when it started and how long it is for.

If you took the contract through a 3rd party then there is no device plan - you have a single monthly payment that covers both the phone AND the tariff/air time. Once you reach the end of that deal you would need to either upgrade to a sim only (if you are happy with your phone) or look for a new deal either with o2 or someone else (but if it is someone else, make sure you close your account with a PAC or STAC).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3