Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account, adding number

WB7705
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I added a PAYG number to my main account (Pay monthly) on Wednesday (22/03) and when I signed in to the account via My O2 it showed both numbers...was able to add funding to the PAYG number

When I signed in this morning the PAYG number is no longer showing...when I tried to 'Add products and services' I got a message stating 'Sorry, we can't find any products or services for mobile number xxxx'

I then tried to create a new My O2 account using the new PAYG number but it came back with  'We've found the following account for this mobile number: xxxx' which is the main account....so it recognises the number is associated with main account but just won't show it.

Seems I'm going round in circles with this...How do I get my PAYG number/account showing again in my main account so that I can top-up/check balance etc?

Thanks for your help...Wayne

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145774 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 28019 Solutions

@WB7705 

You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

WB7705
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the response.....

Tried communicating on Twitter on Saturday...got a DM asking some questions...

Answered their questions but total silence since. Sent additional messages yesterday and this morning but no response so a bit stumped on next steps...tried calling them but they cut me off whilst trying to put me on hold

Message 3 of 7

WB7705
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So,

Called PAYG CS and after getting cut off the first time managed to speak to someone and after explaining my issue was told you can't do that....Seems it not possible to have a PAYG and contract number in the same MyO2 account, even though I was able to on Wednesday...

After speaking for a while I was told that only solution would be to unlink the MyO2 Account from the PAYG number and setup a new, separate MyO2 account... Was told only Contracts could do that so during the transfer to the Contracts team got cutoff.

Called Contracts and after explaining it all again was told we no longer do the unlinking....You'd have to get PAYG to do that etc...round and round we go...

So after all that Contracts said we can reset your username (email address) so that the PAYG email would be different so could setup a new MyO2 account...Didn't think that would work as the PAYG number is associated with the main MyO2 account.

After changing the username they signed off and all done; tried to setup a new MyO2 against the PAYG number and surprisingly was informed your number is associated with the "new" email address so can't change anything

Here I'm now after 2 hours of calls back at square one with the same issue but at least have a new email address for MyO2.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated....

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6928 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1544 Solutions

What a run around. 

I'll ask an advisor to contact you. Look out for a message from them.

@O2Emma can you unravel?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Enlli I will look into this thanks.

Hi @WB7705 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 6 of 7

WB7705
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a small update on this

Thank you to @O2Emma for her help on trying to resolve this problem.

Seems the service I used was withdrawn a few years ago so this issue couldn't be resolved and my PAYG number couldn't be unlinked from my MyO2 account (shame the link on the website IS STILL LIVE for a non-existent service)

Saying that though I just logged in to MyO2 on the website and the first screen I get now is 'Select the product you want to use' then lists my Contract and PAYG numbers and when I click on the PAYG number I can change the tariff/add funds etc and is working as you'd expect.

No idea why this is now working but seems I can have Contract/PAYG in the same MyO2 account (for now anyway)

MyO2 app only shows the contract details, no option to switch to PAYG number

Message 7 of 7