Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Numbers on one MyO2 Account - I need to split them

JF1az
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When i log into my MyO2 Account both my number and my ex partners number is listed. We both have separate contracts that are paid for separately.

He has recently logged into the account and changed both the email address, security question and password on the account.

I urgently need to split them and regain control of my account as he has access to my phone bills and has already used them to get details of my new partner and harass him. Customer services have been no help at all.

We are unable to resolve this easily as he is on bail because of violent and abusive behaviour towards myself and as a matter of importance i need to secure this account. There seems to be no way i can stop him from accessing the account because the password reset gives you the option of sending a code to either mobile number.

Please can anyone help me resolve this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23101 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@JF1az We are all customers here. There's nothing anyone here can do to help. You'll have to persevere with customer service, but don't get your hopes up. You may have to take this to a solicitor.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@JF1az 

The only way to split the accounts is to cancel one of them and start a new one.

This will remove the cancelled on and provide a new login for the new account which will be independent of the old login.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

And the best way to do that would be to get a PAC number for the account you are using

There would be fees to pay by the account holder if the contract isn't past the minimum term

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

That is the only way so as not to involve your ex

Depends if you are still on good terms with each other

Message 4 of 7

JF1az
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems like a gigantic data protection and safeguarding issue that in order to remove someone's access to my phone records and bills i have to pay the early exit fee and terminate the contract. If thats the only way, O2 can take me to court for the fees as far as im concerned.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

They won't take you to court @JF1az 

They just sell your debt on to a collection agency who will then take you to court and trash your credit file.

There is a warning that accounts cannot be separated once merged.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@JF1az 

I'm not sure that you'll get very far, but as you are clearly disgruntled :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

Message 7 of 7