Did you mean: 

Where is my discount or Extra Data?

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We get a number of questions about how discounts and data promotions

are applied to O2 tariffs and why it appears not to be added to the account.

In order to help, I've created a small guide.

First thing to note is that your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 will always display the full tariff price before any discounts are applied. This is what most customers see and assume they aren't getting any discount. (You will see the discount when your bill is generated. Until then it will always show the full price.)

O2 apply your discount as a bolt on (yes I know it sounds backwards) but this bolt on actually credits your account with your applicable discount.

When your bill is generated, the discount is deducted from the tariff price shown in your MyO2, so if you have a tariff of £18 and a bolt on for a £3 discount, your bill will be £15 etc.

If you look in the tariff section of youor MyO2 https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/paymonthly/myallowance/allowance?disambiguation_id=d95778d4-82dd-4087-bb9c... you will see your discount all being well, as per this example below.

In addition, if you have one of the data promotion tariffs, ie a base tariff of 3gb which has 12gb due to a promotion, this will also be shown by the addition of a data bolt on.

You MyO2 will show that you have 3gb only though and the additional data will kick in when the 3gb is used.

You may also get warnings of using all your data after using the 3gb, but don't worry about this as it's just an automated system message.

discount bolt on.PNG

24 Comments
ElaGirl
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This was most helpful, thank you!
Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome, thank you for posting this @MI5! Very useful! smiley smiley

Thanks!

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Great guide!!! heart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very useful guide @MI5

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good information ☺️

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good guide, very well explained. Will this go in the Index of guides for easy access?

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Already done Den. 

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thank goodness. Just playing catch up...:smileywink:

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Really useful info. Good job! thumbsup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Good explanation. I have checked my bolt ons, though, and there is no sign of the discount. But this could be because I only purchased the sim yesterday, and my current one is still active.
MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It will usually appear after a few days of taking your contract.
Anonymous
Not applicable
👍
edej9580
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i cant find where to apply my code to get my wprk discount 

@MI5 wrote:

First thing to note is that your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 will always display the full tariff price before any discounts are applied. This is what most customers see and assume they aren't getting any discount. (You will see the discount when your bill is generated. Until then it will always show the full price.)

O2 apply your discount as a bolt on (yes I know it sounds backwards) but this bolt on actually credits your account with your applicable discount.

When your bill is generated, the discount is deducted from the tariff price shown in your MyO2, so if you have a tariff of £18 and a bolt on for a £3 discount, your bill will be £15 etc.

If you look in the tariff section of youor MyO2 https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/paymonthly/myallowance/allowance?disambiguation_id=d95778d4-82dd-4087-bb9c... you will see your discount all being well, as per this example below.

In addition, if you have one of the data promotion tariffs, ie a base tariff of 3gb which has 12gb due to a promotion, this will also be shown by the addition of a data bolt on.

You MyO2 will show that you have 3gb only though and the additional data will kick in when the 3gb is used.

You may also get warnings of using all your data after using the 3gb, but don't worry about this as it's just an automated system message.

discount bolt on.PNG

@MI5 wrote:

discount bolt on.PNG

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Artio
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
...but don't worry about this as it's just another annoying repetitive monthly automated system message
Libz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I looked at the bolt on iv added ot says it is active but not showing the extra data
MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Have you used your standard allowance completely yet ?

Jonpen
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help, please...for very 1st time I've topped up today to Qualify for £15 extra on my pay as you go tariff.  I have to use this extra bit within 14 days.  All I want to do is to use this in phone calls, not data. How will I know when my £15 extra is spent up.

I am an O.A.P. and need to watch my pennies.!!!

doombadger
  • 21 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was supposed to be getting an airtime discount applied to my account when I took my second connection for my partner. The telesales agent who sold me the phone assured me it was eligible and that he would take care of it at his end. It's recently come to light that I have never received this discount and all attempts to address the situation with customer services have resulted in conflict, denial, transfers to irrelevant other departments and a solid refusal to help resolve the matter or even acknowledge that an error may have been made. Until now I've had nothing but the highest of praise for O2 customer service, but this experienced has been a real kick in the teeth.
CMhl
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Brilliant 

LouJo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for this. How do I easily access my 2 children's bill on line so I can see how much I owe or pay additional amounts off? Currently I don't have access unless I have their phone which when I'm in the headspace to do they have their phones with them? They are both under 16 so no issue of privacy etc. 

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35210 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @LouJo - you can being multiple devices in under one MyO2 account, if you wish - but it can be difficult to separate them out at a later date...

Screenshot_20220406-074949.png

doryingrey27
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @MI5 

I'm in a similar predicament except the extra data isn't showing as a bolt on (or in My O2). Do you know if this is still the way it works?

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@doryingrey27 

Yes it is but your issue is different.

Answered on your other post.