Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi firmware

Techidiot
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm on sim only and my phone is dying. Local network reception is very poor (O2 is the best of a bad lot) I really want Wifi calling in the house. what budget android phones have compatible firmware to allow wifi calls

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Techidiot 

WiFi calling should be compatible with all the latest phones but O2 will only guarantee it with phones they sell themselves.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6605 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Judging by posts in the past the latest Samsung Galaxy phones seem to work across their price range

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Techidiot 

It is a GSM standard nowadays and we have iPhones, Motorola, Pixels and Samsung's all working with WiFi Calling, and in the past seen OnePlus as well .. Ones to avoid really are Xiaomi, Honor, Huawei etc

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Techidiot 

Depending what you mean by "budget", I would suggest that you consider something in the Samsung Galaxy "A" series.  

You will find that www.GSMArena.com is an excellent website for both video and text reviews of mobile 'phones.  

Message 5 of 5