cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unauthorised upgrade + no phone coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went into the store to say that my singal is really bad (not for the first time! i've chatted online many time) and I dont get any coverage at home or university - so its a breach of the Sale of Goods Act as the product is not fit for purpose. (i pay £50 a month!!) Also, i've brought it to their attenchion (after they denied to help me with coverage) that they granted my phone upgrade when i was 17 without the policy holder present. 

I'm just wondering where i stand regarding this as they have sent it up to the managers and say "it will likely go to headquarters".

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10140 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 2999 Solutions
Hi,

1. It's not a breach of the act, as you had ample opportunity to check mobile coverage prior to and upto 14 days after purchase, also as per the terms and conditions which I presume you / account holder failed to read doesn't guarantee mobile coverage..

2. You maybe in breach and guilty of committing fraud and not the store as you would have had to go through a a person verification check where they ask for your DOB and send a text to the number.. So you must have known the security details... Sounds like you committed identity theft and fraud in my eyes...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

You'll get nowhere with any complaint as madasaf1sh correctly states especially if you are not the account holder. Even if you pay the bill, you're still not the account holder. But please do correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Contracts are subject to credit checks and given you weren't old enough to have even registered to vote let alone get a credit score, you have to think in terms of who is actually elegible to raise a complaint officially.

Message 3 of 3