Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms over wifi calling

BarryW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am very disappointed that O2 have not implemented sms over WiFi Calling to date. There have been questions here about this feature for around three years with promises, promises...

I get weekly requests from my bank, the government and many other oranisations requesting me to type in a number from a text they have sent me to enable me access their services. Life is becoming very difficult without this feature.

If persons here are having the same issues can I ask you to complain to O2, the more complaints the better. After all if EE and Three can do it why not O2. Users on Vodafone are in a similar situation.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@BarryW  If using SMS over WiFi is a necessity for you, and two of the other networks have that facility and O2 have no plans to implement it, then the answer for you should be clear.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah we're all waiting for it to happen but it's too complicated for O2 to figure out how to do it apparently.
Maybe they need to poach a network guru from EE wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Is it just me or does this service not make sense?....is there something wrong with whatsapp?
Message 4 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@MI5
I think BT paid Ericsson or Nokia a lot of money to implement a niche service.

Three built a new cloud network infrastructure, so basically started again

People need to remember there is no money in sms services, and the current system works for over 99% of customers.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@bigdavie88 wrote:
Is it just me or does this service not make sense?....is there something wrong with whatsapp?

@bigdavie88 Banks and the government don't use WhatsApp, so yes, it's just you.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

BarryW
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bambino...

Indeed I would consider moving but neither option of EE or Three is ideal. I ordered a payg sim from Three last week and never managed to register. They supposidly sent me an email confiming my email address which I never received. Three days of hell on the support (sic) may be realise that Three support are not up to the job. This leaves me with EE. I shall probably try the same with EE.

Pity as I like O2.

Message 7 of 13

BarryW
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

bigdavie88...

That would be a far better solution but how do we convince the banks, government and other bodies to change?

Message 8 of 13

BarryW
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I guess we never will?
Message 9 of 13

ewanrw
Level 10: Inspirational
  • 342 Posts
  • 15 Topics