cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim swap

Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a sim swap yesterday morning and told them i have an iphone 5 instead of blackberry now so it was updated on the system i can make and recieve calls recieve texts but not send any and my internet says could not activate mobile data network i have called various times regarding my issue to be told it is active and i need to check my sim which i am unnable to do at the moment i have reset network settings and all settings after that failed and am stuckfor any other ideas i can try to get it working someone please help me! xx

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous You either need to call customer service and explain the problem again, or if you have an O2 store nearby you could call in and they will give you another new sim and do the swap for you in store. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

the lady said it is active her end so need to check the sim but surely if there was something wrong i wouldnt be able to make calls or recieve anything if that makes sense i cannot get to the 02 store today and am desperate to be able to use my phone again so annoying

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You still have the BB bolt on on your account.
Call back to CS and ask them to change it to iPhone then press save on their settings page.
It will activate overnight so you won't get internet access until the morning.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont have it on there when i logged into here it says iphone 5 under device so it is known to them i have an iphone now it so confusing!

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's what's on their system, not yours - Just call them and say exactly as I've said above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok il give it a go thankyou

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Make sure they press "save changes" after changing the bolt on from blackberry to iPhone.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

This happens far too often. When will staff get the relevant training, it's not hard to understand that changing to an iphone would need the data bolt on changing. Terrible service again.

Message 9 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous did the above advice get your issue sorted? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 10