cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returning broken phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
i recently signed up two new o2 contracts and my sony erisson t700 handset broke within three weeks. i took out the contract in basingstoke but i live in salisbury. i took it in to the salisbury store and thay have told me i have to go to specificly to basingstoke to get it replaced. why?! you sold me a duff jandset why cant you just change it?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
O2 do not post here, it is customers only.

You need to contact them directly.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you have the receipt with you? If not that's probably why.
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can go back to any store, it doesn't have to be the one you got it from. Sometimes if it is a franchise you might have to push them a bit but you can return it at any store for a repair or replacement.

You don't really need a receipt or proof of purchase. Proof of ID and the IMEI on the handset is enough.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, they told me i could have taken it to any store after i driven all the way to basingstoke. however they only told me after some #### operative at customer services had told me i couldn't. So which one was lying?
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can have it sent for repair anywhere as Wanty said above.

I upgraded with O2 on the phone and have had 2 phone repairs taken to my local store.

They just check the IMEI and take your name and sorted!
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you have the receipt with you? If not that's probably why.

yep always keep the receipts with you.. even if the item is under warranty they would ask for the receipt still
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
yup, i had the receipt. just got this email from o2

Hi Jonathan We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with your handset. As your handset is faulty within 28 days, you ll have to take it back to the point of purchase where they will be able to deal with that for you. Sorry about the inconveniences this may cause you. Thanks.

doesnt really explain WHY though. have emailed back for furhter explanation. just seems to be a company policy designed to suit the company, not the customer. dunno why it got my back up so much, oh apologies for swearing earlier, i got moderated on that, oops. will post explanation when o2 reply.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
so anyway, i just got this email off o2.

Hello Jon I apologise for the previous information, it seems like it may have been an auto-mated message. I can confirm that along with a receipt, you can obtain a 28 day replacement from any O2 Store. Kind regards XXXXXXXXX O2 Customer Service Telefonica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered Office: xxxxxxxxx, Slough, Berkshire xxxxxxx.

So no explanation as to why a local store member explicitly said this was not the case. fair enough it was late on a saturday and maybe hes not looking for a career in retail. don't see why after 20 mins on hold the customer services lady (whose demeanour i dare not describe again for fear of further moderation, let me just say after 20 mins stood outside the store in the rain with my infant my demeanour was a little tense) explicitly said i had to go to the original store of purchase because different stores had different stocks. If she was wrong and the store guy was wrong do i not deserve at least an apology for having spent my sunday in a shopping mall an hours drive from my own high street? maybe some petrol money? a few free texts? what do you reckon, shall i try for it?????? will see whether forum replys think i should before i spend anymore time on this. what do you reckon is it worth it?
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
so anyway, i just got this email off o2.
Hello Jon I apologise for the previous information, it seems like it may have been an auto-mated message. I can confirm that along with a receipt, you can obtain a 28 day replacement from any O2 Store. Kind regards XXXXXXXXX O2 Customer Service Telefonica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered Office: xxxxxxxxx, Slough, Berkshire xxxxxxx.
So no explanation as to why a local store member explicitly said this was not the case. fair enough it was late on a saturday and maybe hes not looking for a career in retail. don't see why after 20 mins on hold the customer services lady (whose demeanour i dare not describe again for fear of further moderation, let me just say after 20 mins stood outside the store in the rain with my infant my demeanour was a little tense) explicitly said i had to go to the original store of purchase because different stores had different stocks. If she was wrong and the store guy was wrong do i not deserve at least an apology for having spent my sunday in a shopping mall an hours drive from my own high street? maybe some petrol money? a few free texts? what do you reckon, shall i try for it?????? will see whether forum replys think i should before i spend anymore time on this. what do you reckon is it worth it?

tsk! that's not good customer service..I think that the people just really had no idea and were too lazy to confirm and see what they can do. That store should take a second look at the employees they are hiring.
Message 10 of 10