cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regret

Anonymous
Not applicable
Boy do I feel foolish getting an iPhone. If had waited till now on vodafone I could have upgraded to a blackberry storm anything that's got better features and doesn't lack text forwarding, full bluetooth, mms, customizable text alerts. List goes on.

S.O.S
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
So instead you would have a thicker heavier device with no wifi, and crippling data charges. No app store or Cydia /installer.
Also funnily enough you say the list goes on, but out of the 4 things you do list, my iPhone does 3 of them. Your right about the bluetooth though.

However joking aside, the iphone has plenty of niggles, but is still a joy to use in terms of interface, you may well have found if you had waited for the Storm, you'd have issues with it too. It's really best not to keep looking for greener grass everywhere else, there's always a newer, better phone round the corner.
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure theres an app that does mms of sorts but its not made by Apple. As for text forwarding on iphone..only way you can do that is if its unlocked.

Steve Jobs said (and i quote) "We have learnt so much since the first iphone. We've taken everything we've learnt and more and created the iphone 3G"

We shouted, 3G....he heard us there.
We shouted GPS...he heard us there.
We shouted text forwarding....nope deaf
We shouted MMS...nope deaf
We shouted video recording....no still deaf
We shouted better camera with more funtionality (flash zoom etc)...no very deaf
i could continue but i wont...but one last one...FULL bluetooth ....stone deaf

Since the Iphone in 2007 Nokia, Samsung, Blackberry, LG to name a few have brought out their own and each one has things the iphone hasnt got but could have if they would only listen and do it.

To be quite honest the user interface is amazing..but if Apple dont get their act together for whatever they do in 2009..They wont last long in the phone market. All it would take is for apple to continue not listening...another phone to launch with a better user interface experience with all the right features and..as Steve says alot...BOOM..that it game over.

Thats me done.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know one person who has an iPhone, and my brother is on about getting one when he renews his contract, to be perfectly honest I don't see the point. Yeah it looks pretty good (I admit I haven't actually used one) but that seems to be about it, yeah the auto-rotate thing is neat (the LG Cookie has that and it's under £100 and has a 3.2mp camera), but 2mp camera on a phone that price for me just kills it.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Boy do I feel foolish getting an iPhone. If had waited till now on vodafone I could have upgraded to a blackberry storm anything that's got better features and doesn't lack text forwarding, full bluetooth, mms, customizable text alerts. List goes on.

S.O.S

And if you wait another six months there will be a better phone along that beats the Blackberry and once again you will be telling us how foolish you are, and so it continues :womanindifferent:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats where your wrong. If apple had included these missing features in the first place it would have done far better against competition.

If it had 3G 5Mp camera text fwd mms flash zoom focus editing and video record and full bluetooth. They may have done better and I wouldn't be feeling foolish.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
If apple had included these missing features in the first place it would have done far better against competition.

Not one to split hairs but I don't believe Apple have faired too badly against 'the opposistion' do you?
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Level 9: Fired up
  • 1487 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is true, It's the Grass is always greener scenario again. However i have waited and waited and weighed up all the options and have decided on the HTC Touch HD. Which has a 5mp AF camera, Full MMS, WiFi and Bluetooth support and am not bound to apple for anything at all grin
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest I've been looking at the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic as it's got a gorgeous 16M colours huge touch screen-I think the only touch screen with 16M colours?-but its only got a 3.2 mp camera which is a shame. I'm wondering if they've done that to keep price down as its other specs are high?

I'm of the same opnion as Jimmyjives77 about the iPhone and its lack of stuff-they might rue the day they didn't listen cos they getting over taken on the market now............
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or you might be missing the point - Apple are slowly building their iphone market by slowly introducing features. After all, the early adopters pay the high price to pay for the future funding of new models. Remember Apple are new to the mobile market so won't rush in and offer the ultimate phone straight away - there is far more at stake e.g. the application store that needs building up which is going to be a big revenue stream for them. They've already just about dominated the music download market so will take their time building up the network for the iphone. Look into "mobileme" and you'll start to understand what they want to do.
BTW, they don't have to offer these features - the iphone will sell regardless as it is a fashionably cool item to have. Just think, if they did offer everything in one go where would the hype, expectation and excitment of launching the next new model be?

+1
Message 10 of 11