cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outrageous business number to pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to transfer my business number to a personal pay monthly account te companyI worked for have given me a PAC number. so all loverly. Until after waiting 40mins they say they can not do it on a pac number because the number is miving within o2 . I got through to live chat and said if it could not be done I was canceling the contract they took the details  and replied 
 "Please allow me a minute while I place a request to move your number to pay monthly "

at which point it disconnecte.

I phoned again the opertator said they should not have told me this I asked them to check if any thing had been done on my account amd was told the systems had een down all day and to try ringing back in 24hrs

I asked to speak to a manager and was told he would call me back in 24hrs I have my doutes

I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENED SUCH POOR SERVICE

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Hi there,

I suggest you call cs back again, please do not try to do this on live chat as they aren't great when it comes to account orientated queries.

Also, I may be wrong but I don't think you can use a PAC to go from contract to payg. Im not entirely sure on the exact process but from memory I don't think it's a PAC related action.

Someone else will no doubt be along shortly who'll know more on the process.

Good luck,

Charlie.

Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this thread...it does have a section re business users....

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is slightly more complicated add you are moving from a business account but still no pac is needed.
Once you have set up your new personal account call cs and ask them to transfer the number, but they might also need your business account manager to be on the call to confirm the details of the business account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke to business they said it would have to be done by the business account holder .

I have left the business concerned so not so easy if i go to another providor the will shift the number with just the pac code does not make sense to me. If this is the case I will be canceling contract with o2 and asking for refund as they cannot transfer my number.Thats if I can actually get through to them.

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's not straight forward and may need the account holder to call his O2 business manager on 2002. I think there may also be a need to fill out a transfer of ownership form.

Message 6 of 12

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

alan123 wrote:

When I spoke to business they said it would have to be done by the business account holder .

I have left the business concerned so not so easy if i go to another providor the will shift the number with just the pac code does not make sense to me. If this is the case I will be canceling contract with o2 and asking for refund as they cannot transfer my number.Thats if I can actually get through to them.

It isn't actually your number, it belongs to the business.  I'm not surprised that there is a requirement for the business to authorise it.  Think about it calmly from the business point of view, and bear in mind that the business is O2's customer.  The number will likely have been printed on business cards, or quoted in business emails.  Former business contacts could still ring the number for business related issues, so there is potential for poaching clients of the old business to a future employer.  I am NOT suggesting that is what you are planning to do, merely saying that O2 is absolutely right to require the business to authorise the transfer.

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Therefore it might be better for the OP to get a completely new number not related to the business...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Or use the pac to go onto another network payg then pac back to an O2 contact.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

that idea which would work shows how rediculus o2 ' s stance us by the way the number was mine I transffered it on to the company nuber when I joined them.

Message 10 of 12