cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 network getting worse not getting better

Anonymous
Not applicable

So recent trips in teh UK has shown o2 to be lagging and behind the times! 

1) at a holiday park in Norfolk, for 3 days no signal my partners phone 3 worked fine, had to tether off her phone so I could use wifi calling to make calls and send texts! she had full 4G

2) Thetford forrest! once again no signal at all, Partners phone 3 full service

3) Cornwall, intermitent service

the best one!! 

4) reading and leeds festival! at Reading and guess what no signal at all, reading is a major town and no signal from o2! despite text from o2 saying they had boosted the signal for the festival! couldnt even get onto Facebook to upload a vid or do a live feed! 

o2 as a network seem to be lagging and being way behind the times with coverage as well as charging sill;y money for what you get! im paying £70 a month for unltd mins and text with 30gb of data and i cant even tether!! where as my partner pays £58 and gets ultd everything including unltd data and 30gbn of tethering per month, even EE are offering for £58 unltd texts, calls and 50gb of Data! when are o2 going to realise that they are stiffing their customers, overcharging their customers and providing proberbly the worst network covergage and worst 4G speeds?? o2 seem to be overcharging yet not investing in their network infrostructure! 

pfffffft Bang

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

i work in central London with what is supposed to be a brilliant 4G area hahaha 5.98 mbps download and 2.24mbps upload! great work o2!! 

Message 2 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest mate, and I know it's a lot of money to find, in your situation I would be paying off the handset and then looking for a network with better coverage. 

Here in Manchester O2 coverage is very poor for 4G whereas my EE phone has far superior connectivity. 

The sole reason I have an O2 sim only contract is to use TU for when I'm home in Thailand 🇹🇭 

Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

i really am thinking about it @jonsie paying it off and doing a SIMO with three £28p.m and that is all you can eat on everything, i have the iphone 7+ so i dont need a new device anytime soon! i have applecare so if anything happens to the device i am covered by those buggerlugs! its a shame because EE, Voda and Three are continuing to invest money in their network where as o2 seem to be standing still!... i read an article recently that EE/BT are investing 1.5m a day in tehir network to make it the best on the market 

Message 4 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 claims they are investing £2 million per day but as you say, they are way behind the other networks now. As for roaming, don't even get me started on that! 

Message 5 of 18

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

O2 claims they are investing £2 million per day 

They've been claiming that for as long as I've been posting on here.....and probably even before that Crazy

So allowing for a 5 day working week that's £1,560,000,000 they've spent in 3 years Shocked

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 18

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It is difficult to understand why the capital city is so poor. They can't keep using congestion as an excuse! 

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

i can understand three network saying that and that their system bottlenecks because of vast ammount of streaming with teh all you can eat data but o2 they realy are miles behind! 

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

even rural area's thou othernetworks are investing to make rural area's connected where as o2 seem to be once again standing still!! 

Message 9 of 18

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly as we tell most customers on the forum go with the network that offers the best for you for coverage, costs, roaming, etc.
Message 10 of 18