cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is the O2 business portal so appallingly bad?

I can look at all sorts of stastics, but to print a VAT bill requires a degree in abstract psychology?

Most of us busy business owners just want to claim a business expense against tax, which requires printing a hard copy, something the business portal fails to do without a very complex and time consuming effort.

Even when you download the bills, queued in the my reports section, they all have the same name, so overwrite each other on download. (as most business owners require VAT done every 3 months so print the last 3 bills)

ALL I WANT TO DO IS PRINT A BILL!

Most other businesses email PDF bills sucessfully. I email my clients bills. Why is O2 so far behind?

As you can tell, I am quite frustrated with this, and I am more computer savvy than most. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I agree it should be easier and O2 are looking at this

A step by step guide 
Go into My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
*View your latest bill in My O2 
*Scroll down to see 6 previous bills and click on one of those. 
*Scroll down to the bottom of that bill and click on View and print older bills 
That will bring up the old style web page 
*Scroll down to the bottom of that page and you will see Download and print PDF bill 
I have shown a step by step guide as this is the way I do it. Navigating around the bill section should be much easier 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@Cleoriff is this the same for business customers?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, but business portal is different and just dire.
its....................
Log on
Continue
Access account summary page. Completely pointless. #Go to invoices#
Go to invoice number
Go to completely unlabelled arrow on top right
Export invoice
Options
Export to email
Type in email. Note it doesn’t save it for next invoice and has to be typed in again!
add
Proceed
Go to email program
Open file, which comes as a zip
Save file. Note file has same name each time, which then annoyingly overwrites the last download you did unless you change the zip file name
Rename the file (or it re-writes over the top of last months bill with the same name)
Save the file
Open the file
PRINT!
Go back to # step and repeat last 16 steps for next invoice. Somewhere around 50 key entries and mouse clicks to achieve per invoice!
Yes I know you can download and save it from the export options section, but that is also exactly just as complex and most systems including ours don’t like downloads on anti virus software.
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@adamtemp64 has some knowledge of biz accounts and may be able to advise further.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So sorry @Anonymous Must admit to not noticing the 'business' aspect of your post. We have personal use customers who also have major problems with their bill. However, I will tag @Toby Community manager into the thread. He will be able to feed your concerns back to the team....(And yes it seems an absolute nightmare) slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community manager. Welcome! I shall feed this info back to the team. Are there any other aspects of O2 business that would like to add? I can share any thoughts with the business team, directly.

@adamtemp64; What are your thoughts on this?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps for business/personal customer as you send an email to advise the latest bill is available why not just email the invoice at the same time.

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Perhaps for business/personal customer as you send an email to advise the latest bill is available why not just email the invoice at the same time.

That would make sense but I guess they are concerned about security issues.

Message 9 of 12

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous it seems like a great suggestion, but I can see why 02 would worry (as @jonsie mentions) about security. Maybe if you had to follow a link that led you straight to the bill, but login using your O2 password first might be a valid option?
Message 10 of 12