cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Phone number suddenly dead, and just realised o2 support services are lacking

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone calling my phone number (which I have had for 12 years) suddenly gets a number unobtainable tone (long tone).  Voicemail not working. And device itself shows no connection... (but of course that should not affect voicemail...)

Went to this site to contact o2... to find everyone gone at 4pm.

Don't get me wrong, I actually believe that shops etc. should not be open long hours (well, unless office workers have to work long hours too... and then understand what shop workers go through...)

However a phone is a phone i.e. an important device (which I desperately need right now due to a relative being in hospital).  I would expect someone to be on call at o2, or at least have an automated fault service like with BT.

OK, went on the Live Chat thing on the site, and (eventually) the guy (who looked like he was located in India) said that it is a network wide fault.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The network had a fault, try rebooting the phone.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
There has been issues today,
Normal service to resume shortly.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been/still is a major outage today.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is showing no sigal had this number for over 15 years ,, if you call from a lanline lomg tone as if the numbr doews not exist . We all need our phones most of us for work .. Come on O2 sort it out hope its not like the last outage ! 

Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Most of the network is back up. These things happen sometime. It's not an exact science.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
How long you've had your number won't make any difference when the entire network goes down.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

my network is STILL offline

This is unacceptable and I demand compensation for lost business and stress caused

Message 8 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Good luck with that.
Message 9 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 don't pay it and they don't have to.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 12