Did you mean: 

no connection at my new address

TonyC11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everybody,

I’ve recently moved houses and taken a contract from O2 after checking from their website that in my new address they provide good 4G coverage both indoors and outdoors and good 5G outdoors. When applying for the contract I asked multiple times about the connectivity situation and was always told it was impeccable at my new postcode. 

After I moved however, I came to find out that I can only get 3G at my new home both indoors and outdoors in the garden. And I can only get 1/4 bars reception no matter where I move in my home and even though it shows I am connected to 3G, I can not load any webpages or check my emails at all until I turn my Wi-Fi on and connect to internet via that. My sister who’s also on O2 experienced the same issues when she came visiting. 

I’ve been in contact with the customer service team and they advised me to reset network settings, restart my phone, reset my phone even. I’ve done all of the steps they asked and still experienced the same issue so they sent me a new SIM card, which didn’t fix the issue at all. I’ve been talking with the customer service back and forth about this issue and following the same steps that the previous advisor advised and come to the conclusion that I need a new SIM card in the end all the time, and when I say this has been tried with no success, they asked if I wanted to be put through their manager, to which I said yes but now after two days still no words from then through the app. 

I need help because right now I’m paying for a service that is not working properly. I also have problems with calling people as well, I am constantly told from the other end that my voice is breaking or it sounds like I’m talking from far away and then the calls drop. 

My mother who’s on another provider has no issues like this whatsoever and I’m seriously considering cancelling my contract as I can not use the services I’m paying for properly unless I leave my new home and walk a mile or something and get good connection there, which isn’t feasible at all, because what’s the good in having a contract with a provider if I can not use their services at my home? Customer service hasn’t been of help at all, they can only say when we check we don’t see any problems in your postcode and then come to the conclusion of let’s send you a new SIM card to see if that’ll fix the issue. 

I was abroad last weekend and used my o2 sim there, the connection was always impeccable 5G, but as soon as I landed back to the U.K., the problem started to happen again. Even at the airport when I was trying to purchase train tickets to get home, I had no connection even if it said I was connected to 4G whereas my mum next to me was connected to a great 4G connection.

I really don’t know what to do, as it’s not just me who experiences this problem at my home, my sister with another device had it too when she was here, so I know it’s not a me problem or my device.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

First step is to make a complaint

If you are out of the 14day change of mind period then there will be termination fees to pay if you cancel

If you make enough noise you may be able to get O2 to agree to terminate your contract without penalty but that starts with the complaint route

How to Complain | Help | O2

Resolve your O2 Complaints for free | Resolver UK

Message 2 of 3

TonyC11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I have filed a complaint using Resolver UK, and now I’m waiting. I would’ve stayed as an O2 customer if this problem was to be fixed and they provided me with a stable 4G connection like they advise on their website, but like I said even when it says I’m connected to 4G (which is really seldom as I can only connect to 3G 98% of the time), I still can not load any webpages (even now I’m on my data and I can not load this page unless I connect to my Wi-Fi even though my phone shows I’m on 4G with 1 bar out of 4). 

Message 3 of 3